11th May 2021.
According to Zola, “The average cost of a wedding photographer is between $1,500 and $3,000. Rates vary depending on factors such as location, wedding length, the photographer’s experience level, and the types of services you want. The cost of wedding videography can vary even more widely than wedding photography—anywhere from $500 to $5,000+.
On average, couples will spend about $2,000 on their wedding video, but keep in mind that a number of factors (video length, number of videographers, and time on-site) can push that number up or down.”
How much does wedding photography cost in Dallas?
The Zola estimates provided are national averages and the prices will vary based on where you’re located.
If you’re curious about wedding photography costs in Dallas and its surrounding areas in Fort Worth and beyond, let’s dive into the details.
If you’re getting married in Dallas, we estimate that wedding photography and videography will cost anywhere between $2,000 and $4,000 for each individual service.
While there are often packages offered to decrease the price if you plan to have both at your wedding, prices can still be steep and there are often hidden costs.
Tip from the pros: When working with wedding creative professionals, make sure to spend time researching their full suite of offerings and find out about everything included in their estimated price quotes.
In many cases, you will pay more for add-ons to your packages for things like extra prints, full rights to digital photos, and additional editing time for video.
How much should wedding photos cost in Dallas?
Wedding planning can be stressful enough and we believe that your wedding photo and video shouldn’t add to that. ill work best to capture the joy on your wedding day. We strive to deliver an exceptional experience for our couples which is why we offer standalone photo or video services as well as packages.
Wedding planning can be stressful enough and we believe that your wedding photo and video shouldn’t add to that.
With each of our offerings, we’re transparent about the price and everything that will be included so that you have a full understanding of what we will be delivering. Here’s how much wedding photography costs in Dallas with our team:
- A Joy photography package will cost $1,699 for 6 hours of coverage, 300+ HD photos, all raw files and a Pixieset digital album.
- A Joy videography package will cost $1,400 for 6 hours of coverage, a 3+ minute HD highlight video and all raw files with full rights.
How much should I spend on both wedding photos and videos in Dallas?
If you’re interested in BOTH photography and videography, we recommend one of our packages so that you can get the best price and most robust offerings. We also often offer special promotions and can help tailor packages to meet your needs.
- VIP Photo+Video Package: A photo and video bundle will cost $4,999 for a VIP package for 8 hours of coverage, ~400 HD photos, a ~4 minute HD highlight video with all raw files (without watermarks) and full rights, and a Pixieset digital album and a photo album. You will also get sneak peeks to your photos and video 24 hours after the wedding! Bonus: a 2-hour bridal or engagement session, too!
- Signature Photo+Video Package: A photo and video bundle will cost $2,499 for a signature package for 6 hours of coverage, 300+ HD photos, a 3+ minute HD highlight video with all raw files without watermarks and full rights, and a Pixieset digital album.
- Micro-wedding Photo+Video Package: A photo and video bundle will cost $1,899 for a micro-wedding for 4 hours of coverage, 200+ HD photos, a 2+ minute HD highlight video with all raw files (without watermarks) and full rights, and a Pixieset digital album.
Looking for a wedding photographer and videographer in Dallas?
Meet our local wedding photographer team:
- Moe is originally from Jerusalem and an experienced professional photographer with over 7 years in the industry. His love for photography sparked and grew because it allowed him to meet interesting people, go to exciting places, and experience exciting things. (P.S. he took the photos featured in this blog post!) See Moe’s portfolio here.
- Tim is a 30 year old professional wedding photographer originally from Los Angeles, California. He has been a full time wedding photographer for over 5 years. Tim is constantly inspired by his clients’ love stories and is expert in capturing their romance in his signature modern style. Tim’s contagious positive energy behind the lens means his clients feel natural and comfortable in front of it. See one of Tim’s weddings here.
- Madison A.K.A Madi is a Texan transplant by way of New Mexico. Madi has a bachelor’s in Art with a focus in graphic design so you know she’s got a great eye for aesthetics. Her passions include painting, design, film, photography, and woodworking. Madi has found her calling in wedding photography and being a part of your special day. See Madi’s portfolio here.
- Jillian is a valuable part of our photography team! Jillian is from Fort Worth, Texas and has been shooting weddings for over 5 years. She draws inspiration from music, nature and romantic French Impressionist art. Her style behind the lens reflects her passions with beautiful, light, and airy images. One of her favorite aspects of working weddings is getting to know the couple and making them feel amazing for their portraits. See Jillian’s portfolio here.
Meet our local wedding videographer team:
- Christian is a Texas native with 5 years behind the camera. His favorite part about capturing your special day are the first smiles exchanged between husband and wife. Christian loves a good cinematic shot with the “wow” factor that highlights each couples’ unique personality. He ensures every one of his couples are completely comfortable behind the lens and 100% themselves on film every time! Watch one of Christian’s wedding videos here.
- Eli is a Dallas native with 9 years in the field and the past 3 exclusively devoted to weddings. Shooting weddings has allowed him to meet new people and be introduced to new stories of love through time. Capturing moments on camera for life long memories brings Eli the greatest joy, and his outgoing personality will make you feel like he is one of your very own guests. Enjoy this video shot in Dallas by Eli:
- Nick loves to film and put together a story to tell and share with others. He has been capturing weddings full time for 5 years and plans to travel the world with his camera, building clientele everywhere he goes. Watch one of Nick’s wedding videos here.
- Kyle is a native Texan with nearly 6 years of experience in the wedding industry. He got started with wedding photography and videography shortly after his own wedding, and fell in love with the process. He loves getting to know couples and being able to create the absolute best wedding films possible. He strives to give every wedding film a cinematic flair that gives a more timeless feel than the wedding videos of yester-year.
If there are any questions that the Joy Photo and Video team can answer about how we can help check off some big ‘to-dos’ when planning your Dallas wedding, we’re here for you. Contact us today and then say ‘cheers’!
Looking for other wedding professionals based in Dallas and surrounding areas that have the Joy stamp of approval? Kendyl, event planner extraordinaire with Everything Bridal LLC, is a passionate coordinator who can cater to your needs, no matter the style or size of your celebration! Learn more.
We hope this was helpful for you to learn more about how much wedding photography costs in Dallas.
The Joy Team