Since the-day-of-love is right around the corner, we wanted to share some tips for your Valentine’s Day wedding theme! (Hint---it doesn’t only have to be on Valentine’s Day and if you’ve never considered this theme, keep reading.)
3 Reasons to Consider a Valentine’s Day Wedding Theme
The first time you hear about this theme, your mind might automatically think that this could be considered “corny” ---but that’s far from the truth. Why use this theme?
Here are a few potential considerations:
It’s the right time of year. If you’re getting married mid-January through the end of February, this theme can naturally tie into the season.
Something special happened on Valentine’s Day, like your first date or engagement, and this is an important day in your relationship.
You like the idea of a wedding being wrapped around the theme of love---because isn’t that what it’s all about?
5 Details for Your Valentine’s Day Wedding Theme
Here are 5 of our best tips for your Valentine’s Day wedding theme, and some easy ways to incorporate this theme throughout your wedding planning process.
1. Add hearts into your wedding details. There are plenty of ways that you can use the shape of a heart throughout your big day (in both subtle and obvious ways) to bring this theme to life.
Here are a few:
Accessories like heart graphics, shapes, or jewelry
Getting ready outfits
Heart-shaped confetti and flowers to line the aisle (thrown by flower girls or a flower guy)
Dessert shapes (Cake and cookies)
Reception giveaways (Sunglasses)
Heart-shaped balloons (we loved this idea from Brides: attach them to your getaway car!)
2. Incorporate colors and soft textures that evoke the feeling of love. While pink and red automatically come to mind, consider the full breadth of options.
Zola.com says: “There are many varieties and combinations to consider with red.
For example, all Valentine’s Day-inspired palettes and schemes include some combination of:
Deep burgundy and wine
Brighter scarlet reds
Lighter pastel pinks
Greyish pinks, such as mauve
Magenta and other violet-reds”
They also recommend adding in neutrals or complementary colors (such as green or orange) so that the right colors can pop.
Once you have the color selected, consider soft and romantic textures or materials like velvet, satin, or lace.
3. Use lighting to amp up the romance. Whether it’s candles, hanging lanterns, or strung up lights, lighting is one of the best ways to set the tone for your wedding ceremony or reception. This is one of the most overlooked aspects and best tips for your Valentine’s wedding theme that can make a big impact on the environment and help pull everything together with an effervescent glow.
4. Incorporate sweethearts candy. Nothing screams “VDay” more than the sweet, colorful, candy hearts. They are a cost-effective way to tie in your theme and help to bring a playful element to your big day. (Doesn’t it automatically transport you to your younger-years when you were googly-eyed over your first crush!?)
There are a few options for how to use sweethearts for your Valentine’s Day wedding theme: fill centerpieces with them, line the aisles (or other ceremony-space, where people aren’t likely to step on them), include them in a dessert buffet, or give them out as favors.
Pro tip: if you’re getting married after Valentine’s Day, you can buy these for a discount after February 14!
5. Leverage signage to echo the theme of love. Using printed, painted, or neon signs in relevant places like “Love is sweet” at the dessert table can help bring in your Valentine’s Day wedding theme in a seamless way.
Include statements that have a meaningful memory attached to them, play a role in your relationship, or connect to your faith or culture.
Some of the other popular statements include:
“Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite.”
“Today I have loved you for (fill in the blank) days.”
“With my whole heart for my whole life.”
“A true love story never ends.”
We hope you enjoyed these tips for your Valentine’s Day wedding theme!
We’re feeling warm and fuzzy inside with all this romance in the air. If you’re looking for a photographer and/or videographer to help document your love story, we’re here to support you with a team of passionate pros based in Texas and Florida.
We’re an award-winning couple-approved production company who believes that building and maintaining successful marriages and families are fundamental to a strong and prosperous society. We are grateful to be able to do this through our business. Read some of our 5-star reviews and browse our portfolio. We promise to do our best and it is our JOY to serve you.
[Photoshoots in the spotlight: Ashley + Isaiah in Dallas and Cris + Louis in Houston, Texas]
The Joy Team